Airport Taxis & Ground Transportation
Car Services & Taxis will both provide door-to-door transportation. Car services are not supposed to pick up Passengers unless they have been reserved in advance. If you would like to reserve a car service or limo in advance, please click here. Taxis are not reserved in advance but rather can be "hailed" from the street. Taxis have base fares, and then $ per mile/time…and expect some form of gratuity.
Taxi Rates & Limo Prices: Always get a confirmation of your rate in advance. Most taxi's and Limo services have base fares and are not all inclusive. For example, NYC has a 2% tax on car services, 8.875% NY State and local sales taxes, and tolls are almost never included in your quoted price. You can often avoid additional toll charges by asking the driver to take a specific route of your choice. Some taxis will try to take advantage of you, even though their rates are standardized.
Airport Pickup: Limo Services and Car Service offer indoor pickups, providing an extremely stress-free pickup at any airport (your driver will meet you at baggage claim with a sign). Indoor pickup usually costs extra, plus any applicable waiting time or parking fees. With Outside pickup, the driver will meet you at curbside pickup.
Disadvantages of Airport Taxi:
- Waiting time. After a long flight, waiting in line for a cab is not ideal
- Drivers are not always familiar with area
- Cars are not reliable, and can break down en route
Advantages of Car Services:
- No Taxi lines
- Inside Pickup Option
- Can be Paid for in Advance
- Can accommodate more than 4 people
- Professional Drivers
- Can Reserve Online
- Can be hired hourly to provide you with transportation around the city
- Can get car service discounts when booked online
When Considering Limo Services:
- Typically more expensive than taxi service (though often it is only a few dollars more expensive)
- Often requires a credit card to book
- Penalty if not cancelled in time (ask about cancellation policy)
Car Service Options:
- Economy Town Car - Can accommodate 1-4 passengers, with a moderate amount of luggage (3+ good sized suitcases).
- Luxury Sedan –Lincoln Town Car (new model), Mercedes or Cadillac. Same space as a full sized sedan, but more luxurious
- VIP Sedan – New Town Car models with very professional drivers
- Platinum Sedan – Longer models of the standard Town Car, satellite radio and wireless Internet in the car along with our most professional drivers
- Minivan or SUV - Can accommodate 5 passengers and about 5 pieces luggage (sometimes 6 passengers with minimal luggage)
- Vans - Can accommodate 6-14 passengers and their luggage
- Stretch Limousine - Can accommodate 6-14 passengers (depending on the limo), but luggage space is the same as a standard Town Car.
- Stretch SUV, Stretch Hummer - Can accommodate up to 14 passengers. Recommended for large groups traveling around New York City, rather than to/from the airport